Friday 25 February 2011

R is for......

rest and relaxation.
 
I write this post on my day off, well a day off is never a true day off as you are always thinking and planning ahead as an entrepreneur.  It is important however, to have time away from work, especially if you a significant other or children.

Having a day off might be just what you need or for some, a complete nightmare but you have to detach yourself from you work regularly as in fact it is of great benefit to you idea.  If you take a step back from time to time you'll find that you return to your work with more enthusiasm and a fresh pair of eyes.

As a business person who works for themselves, at this early stage there is no one else to take any weight off of you, so time out is vital to you sustaining your momentum.

I speak with self employed business people all the time and the one thing that every single one tells me, is that being in business for themselves is wonderful but the pressure and responsibility is jolly hard work.

I am going with my family today to make a teddy bear, have lunch, find shelves for my new office (oops work!) at ikea (OK not such a bad place for work) and then off to see a film.  There you go total relaxation! (well almost!)

Let me know what you plan to do to relax

No comments:

Post a Comment