Wednesday 6 April 2011

Y is for....You really should read the small detailed print.

I am fairly new to the world of buying confectionery wholesale.  I have been for a long time buying cheap deals through the local cash and carry or outlet stores. Since moving to my new premises and thus increasing my storage space, I decided to start using online confectionery wholesalers.

With regards my Easter stock, I have known what I wanted to order since January but decided to wait until three weeks before Easter to place my order. So jump straight forward to yesterday, I place my order only to find that all the stock that I wanted was already sold out, because seasoned wholesale buyers had placed their order at the end of January!!!! According to the lovely customer service representative; who was neither lovely nor a representative of good customer service, "it's a well known fact that the cut off date for Easter is Jan 31st" :0p (I later found this info in the small print of the seasonal section)

And so the panic begins.... How the heck do I now find stock for Easter without taking on the role of the headless chicken???????????????  After 24 hours of chaotic searching online for suitable products, the wholesaler contacts me to say that they do indeed have some stock and so if "I would like to take a look at the list of remaining stock, I can order for that."

So the lesson for today is check the small print and find out all the things you need to know when thinking of running your business. Ask questions about EVERYTHING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment