Friday 21 January 2011

C is for.......

Concentration

Ok So you've thought of what you can do, and you are going to be yourself whilst doing it, now you have to concentrate on DOING it! Take some time every day if you can to work on your idea. Even if you can find 30min to 1 hour somewhere in the day, you'll be onto a winner.

A great idea is only just that until it has another A added to it Action! So if you have decided to offer dog walking in your area, whats your next step?  You need to create a little flyer to pop through doors.  You don't have to pay someone to create a masterpiece. I am guessing that you being on the internet and finding my blog, means you have some knowledge of the computer.

A quick way to create the flyer is in Microsoft Word or Publisher simply add a picture of your dog (in the case of dog walking) and then open a little text box next to the picture and write a little advert.

" Hi! I'm John and I live in your area. I love taking my dog for a walk and wondered if you have a dog that needs walking to?" call me on xxxxxxxxxx to book my services

Suddenly you have a great flyer! It's straight to the point and easy to understand. Here's one I create using publisher.

All I did was find a border and typed in the middle. It took me 10 minutes. If you really don't like the idea of having to fuss with flyers then why not use a company such as Vistaprint.  They have great offers on postcards and business cards and most of the time  you only pay the P&P     SIMPLES!!! Give it a try this week.

If you've got any questions then please feel free to leave them for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment