Thursday 27 January 2011

H is for.....

Happiness!

Now I bet your thinking what does happiness have to do with starting your own small business. Well actually, it has EVERYTHING to do with it.  If you are happy in your day to day life then it will have a positive effect in all the other areas of your life. If I am having a bad day, then I am grumpy with my kids, moody with my husband and everything looks half empty instead of half full.

The other thing about happiness is that you need to realise that having your own business won't make you happy. Happiness comes from appreciating what you have, not worrying about what you don't have. Happiness comes from seeing your kids come out of school greeting you with a smile (granted it doesn't happen every day but it still makes me happy).

So today's task is easy.  Before you go to bed tonight don't think of all the bad things you may have faced today, think of three good things.

I'll give you mine: 1) I was not happy that I had to do my accounting today BUT I created a simple recording system thanks to one of the mums at the BaM group and now I am sorted for the rest of the year.
2) I hate planning, I really do. I can write lists all day long but I never stick to them. Today I have written my plan for February and am already starting on it tomorrow. Yay a few days early!!
3) I am missing my carbs these last few days (I am on a high protein plan) but I got on the scales to find that I lost another 1lb so that made my day!

These are simple things that may not mean much to you, but for me they turned a potentially hard day into a better happier day. Let me know how you get on

No comments:

Post a Comment